For access to the top of the project site, extensive negotiations were required in order to obtain an easement in an area with exceptionally high property values. On the easement, the contractor placed a crane with a 300-foot boom, which transported workers and supplies up and down the mountain throughout construction.
Planning also included traffic control and road closures near the world-famous Incline Railway and Point Park for nearly 3 months.
- Replacement of 8- to 10-inch cast iron pipe.
- 600 LF of parallel 12-inch steel pipe installed aboveground.
- Unique construction methods due to sensitive and potentially hazardous site conditions.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY CTI PERSONNEL
- Preliminary engineering
- Permitting and easement assistance
- Design and specifications
- Construction administration
- Resident project administration