CTI assisted with the installation of two canoe launches at Camp Jordan Park along West Chickamauga Creek. As a multi-jurisdictional effort, the Tennessee River/Chickamauga Creeks Blueway Alliance (TRCCBA) is working with officials in Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi to extend official Blueway designation on the entire length of the Tennessee River and locally upstream on the South and West Chickamauga Creeks beyond their confluence at Camp Jordan. It is the intent of TRCCBA to extend the Blueway designation from the Tennessee River up the South Chickamauga Creek into the City of Ringgold and up the West Chickamauga Creek through Fort Oglethorpe, along the Chickamauga Battlefield and into the City of Chickamauga, Georgia, then on south upstream to the state lands at historic Mountain Cove.
- The north launch consists of cast-in-place concrete steps with a boat slide and associated bank stabilization.
- The south launch consists of a six-inch-thick concrete ramp and path.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY CTI PERSONNEL
- Grant application assistance
- Permitting assistance
- Topographic survey
- Specifications and bid services
- Construction administration
- Resident project administration