CTI is seeking an entry-level Structural Engineer (EIT) for its Chattanooga based headquarters. Working under the supervision of a senior structural engineer, this position will oversee challenging and diverse structural assignments associated with water and wastewater infrastructure design.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, CTI Engineers, Inc., is an employee-owned consulting firm with a 50-person staff, specializing in water, wastewater, site development, solid waste, and environmental engineering. The primary focus is municipal infrastructure.
The firm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers an outstanding benefits package.
- Successfully apply technical engineering planning and design skills to assigned projects
- Interact professionally with client and project team members
- Effectively deal with and resolve project tasks and issues
- Organize, compile, and coordinate production of assigned project documentation and report
- Structural analysis from conceptual planning and design through final design
- Develop clear and complete design drawings and specifications
- Perform engineering services during construction, including responding to contractor requests for information, submittals, design changes, and occasional on-site construction observations
- Review historic record drawings and incorporate as-built information
- Conduct work in a safe manner and follow company work practice
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Proficiency in basic structural engineering principles and practices
- 1-2 years of relevant experience with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in Tennessee
- Prior engineering internship experience working in a consulting capacity is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must demonstrate the ability to convey project technical information to project managers, clients and peers
- Must demonstrate organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Basic computer knowledge is required including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical ability in one or more structural analysis computer programs
- Basic knowledge of computer aided design and drafting, Revit capabilities preferred
- Must have taken and passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
- Must present valid United States work authorization (required)