Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, CTI Engineers, Inc., is an employee-owned consulting firm with a 50-person staff, specializing in water, wastewater, site development, solid waste, and environmental engineering. The primary focus is municipal infrastructure.
CTI is looking for a qualified individual to fill the role of Resident Project Representative for a Wastewater Treatment Plant Project in Cookeville, TN. This individual will serve as the Owner’s on-site representative during construction of project to ensure compliance with the project’s plans and specifications.
The firm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers an outstanding benefits package.
- Observe progress of work and conformance with project drawings and specifications. Will require entry of excavations and manholes and climbing of ladders and scaffolding for access to work. Will require travel over uneven and sloping surfaces. May require entry into confined spaces and hazardous atmospheres requiring the use of a respirator.
- Obtain physical measurements and conduct such field testing as may be appropriate for the project.
- Maintain written daily reports, diaries, and field office files.
- Maintain close contact with project manager. Contact project manager concerning problems or deviations from contract documents.
- Route requests for information to project manager.
- Log contractor submittals and handle as appropriate.
- Deliver samples to laboratory. Coordinate services of construction testing laboratory.
- Attend and participate in project meetings.
- Meet with affected property owners regarding construction impacts.
- Assist in the collection of samples of soil, rock, water, or wastes for analysis. May involve exposure to hazardous wastes, toxic substances, and pathogens in the environment.
- A B.S. degree in Engineering, Construction, or other relevant field experience preferred. Must have experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of resident representative experience
- Must be able to operate independently on a job site
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must present work authorization for the United States