Massillon Wastewater Treatment Plant Primary Clarifiers 1-6 Rehabilitation
The six (6) rectangular primary clarifiers for the City of Massillon's 12 MGD Wastewater Treatment Plant were built in 1938, and consisted of cast iron chain with wooden flights, helical scum skimmers, and steel effluent weirs. The primary sludge removal system required rehabilitation using modern corrosion resistant construction materials such as plastic chain and fiberglass flights and weir troughs.
• Repairing and replacing portions of the existing concrete structure.
• Replacement of the primary clarifier sludge scraping equipment.
• Replacement of valves.
• Replacement of the primary sludge pumps and piping, outdoor lighting and handrail replacement.
• Heating and ventilation improvements to the primary sludge building.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY CTI PERSONNEL
• Consulting during Construction
• On-Site Inspection
• Startup Services